PREPARING FOR YOUR PHOTO SESSION
- Hair –Some clients opt for a professional stylist so their hair is different than their every day look. If you’re shooting outdoors, be prepared for a windy day. You may need accessories, bobby pins, etc.
- Teeth – A session of tooth whitening can make your smile shine! Plan to start at home treatments two weeks before your shoot.
- Breakouts – These can be edited post processing, don't stress!
- Make-up – Professional make-up application can make sure you are looking your very best for your photos. If doing your makeup yourself, don't put on more than you normally wear. Subtle application that accentuates your features is best. Be sure to have freshly tweezed brows. Even light facial hair will be visible.
- Moisturizer – Make sure you are well hydrated starting a week before your sessions and that your skin is moisturized all over. Indulge in a facial scrub to eliminate any dry skin.
- Nails – Make sure you have your nails looking your best as they will show, and no one likes the look of half gone polish.
- Sun burns and tan lines – Be mindful of tan lines and your chosen outfits. I can't photoshop out a sunburn! Be careful in the days preceding your shoot.
- Clothing - Garments that won't distract from your shoot are best. Simple, muted colors are best with no logos, words, etc.. Bring a few changes of clothes in case you don't like how something looks on camera. To the other extreme...sometimes a crazy pattern, layering and combination of colors can be a fun way to spice up a shoot. Its all dependent on the type of portrait you are looking for. We can discuss this and I will help you with your wardrobe.
- Props - Feel free to bring any props, even something as large as a chair! Hats, jewelry, rain gear. Get creative and make your shoot as unique as you are.
- Ideas - Let your photographer know what it is you're looking for with your photos. Make sure our vision for the shoot is the same. We can do a themed shoot such as a tea party, or whatever you can imagine!
- FOR CHILDREN
- Clean! - Make sure your children are CLEAN. Clean nails, clean feet, no eye gunk, nose gunk, food crumbs, stains on clothing, no nail polish, no new haircuts.
- Diapers - Diaper covers are a cute way to disguise the Pampers.
- Timing - Schedule your shoot at a time of day when your child is generally happy. Photo shoots at nap time are cute for infants, but not so much for your toddler.
- Wardrobe – Get creative! Bring some dark clothing so the focus is on your child's face, but also bring some wacky looks. Colorful boots, umbrellas, sunglasses, mismatched prints. Not only do props look cute in photos, but they keep your child entertained as well.
- Location - Pick a site where your child is comfortable. If he hates sand, lets not do a beach shoot but opt for the park instead.
- Bribery - Do it. Bribe them. Use whatever means necessary to get them to cooperate with your photographer, aka ME! :)
Please let me know what type of photos it is your looking for. Feel free to email samples of the style of portrait you prefer and together we will build the perfect session for you!